Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tot School - School Tools

We had such a blast today in tot school talking about School Tools.  We utilized the Tot School Tools printable pack which you can download by clicking {here}.  We began our day with cutting.  The little ones used play-dough scissors, which are a great scissor to start with because there is no blade, just plastic.  Play-dough scissors often come in play-dough toy sets and I wish I had a ton of them.  They do cut paper (though not well) but can't hurt anything.
 I have to apologize again for this :(.  Lil'GalS was having so much fun singing the "Open and Shut Them" song from the tot pack that we accidentally cut her shirt.  I am so sorry!
 Play-dough held these little guys attention for an amazingly long time.
 So many things you can do with it!  Look at Lil'GuyT just poke it and poke it!
 Someone was ringing the playhouse doorbell over and over and these cuties just had to point to where the noise was coming from!
 Yep, the doorbell was still ringing!
 Snack time was grapes and peppers.  Everyone got to try an open cup and of course all the grapes needed to be dunked in their cups.  It was so much fun!


 I don't remember what was so funny or if it was the taste of the pepper, but I thought this face was just fantastic!
 Riding bikes and running are great ways to have fun!

 Scribbling is a great activity for toddlers.  I was impressed that no one ate the crayons today.  Hurray!
 We also ripped tissue paper.  All of these fun activities are listed on the first couple of pages of each tot pack.  The activities are specifically organized throughout the year to aid in each child's development.  I'd encourage families at home to be proactive about playing with their toddlers, and if you need a boost and some ideas check out the Toddler Curriculum I'm putting together, it's full of awesome!
 These little ones loved playing "Where are the Crayons?" They took turns hiding the crayons and finding them.
 CJ even got into the fun by playing with LilGalA.
 Shadow matching is a first skill for developing problem solving skills.
 One shoe off and one shoe on!

 Musical wind chimes hang at just the right height on my fence to create a musical burst of energy in a toddlers world.
 I love this picture of the two of them working together.

 We also explored some blocks today.  There is a great song in the tot pack about stacking the blocks and then knocking them down.  They got such a kick out of it!
 LilGuyT enjoyed reading the "My School Tools" book to us.
 Did you want this grass Miss Amanda?  I just found it right there on the ground!
A great day was had by all and I can't wait to see how these awesome kids grow and learn throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment